Wednesday 25 May 2016

MIDSUMMER MARKET - BOSCAFÉ MERLIJN



I took a quick look at my blog today and that's when I realised it has been over a month since I posted! That's way too long and I apologise! The reason is my preparing for the Midsummer Market @ Boscafé Merlijn on the 18th and 19th of June. My sisters and I have been labelling, photographing, pricing, instagramming and promoting all the products I will be selling. First I thought: there's no reason to share it with you guys, for it is likely none of you will be in Kranenburg Germany next month. But my sister convinced me to share it with you because it's something I really love doing and what makes me smile every day! So here it is: my Midsummer Market Preparations-story. And I promise I will keep you posted this time. And who knows: maybe I will see one of you next month at my stand. Fingers crossed! 



The first week of May I booked myself a short holiday in the region of Calvados in Normandy, France. Not to relax and wonder around beautiful gardens (altough I did get some of that in Bayeux) but to visit farms, artisan factories and local shops with handmade delicacies. I really love Normandy food and I decided to share my enthusiasm at a local Midsummer Market. So there I was, strolling the small aisle of the store of the best artisan fudge farm of Normandy: that of Caramels d'Isigny. And seriously, I wanted to take everything home! Luckily my boyfriend was there to remind me of my budget, so I didn't go totally wild, but I bought some kilos of the very best Normandy fudge in all the flavours you can imagine (chocolat, vanille, coffee, calvados, strawberry, apple, salted butter). It's like the Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans from Harry Potter but better. Because these haven't got earwax or vomit flavours, so no worries with these ones! 



After visiting the fudge factory I went on visiting an organic cider farm and I wanted to buy more than they had in their little shop. So I was lucky enough to be invited to their bottling barn! I was allowed to take a couple of pictures and I left with a trunk full of organic apple juice, pear juice, cider and cider vinegar. After that I visited a very small cookie shop in Asnelles, or a biscuiterie as the French call it. I bought very cute little chocolate and butter cookies and rather large beautiful seashell-formed cookies. But I wasn't finished yet... I went to Vire, for the one and only andouille asselot sausages! Dried and smoked handmade pork sausages with different flavours (herbs, camembert, nuts). After that I decided I needed a rest to admire all the lovely products I bought. With a small glass of red wine and a piece of local Neufchatel I celebrated my journey. 

Since then I really can't wait for it to be the 18th of June! 


No comments:

Post a Comment